Public Information is provided on this page to give any manufacturer the basics of how we work to certify QMS programs.
Granting a certification simply follows the basic ISO requirements and is shown below in the Certification Process through the certification decision. The Certification Decision Committee (CDC) operates with an executive staff member, compliance officer to maintain impartiality, and records personnel to make sure any documents are available for a decision. The CDC addresses all the following:
- Refusing, suspending, revoking, withdrawing, or expanding a certificate. See CERTIFICATION DECISIONS for additional information.
Transfer an ISO 9001 Certification will be performed in accordance with IAF MD2:2017 requirements. Only valid accredited certification shall be transferred. Certification which is known to be suspended shall not be accepted for transfer. Only certification which is covered by an accreditation of an IAF or Regional MLA signatory at level 3 and where applicable level 4 and 5 shall be eligible for transfer. Organizations holding certification that is not covered by such accreditations shall be treated as new clients.
Complaints and appeals process
- SSI will receive any complaint or appeal by email or by phone.
- SSI executive staff will initiate a CAR in our controlled records.
- An investigation will be performed, and the results reviewed by independent staff. Request for additional information may be required.
- All complaints and appeals are reviewed by the independent SSI executive staff within three months of the initial notification. There will be no discriminatory actions taken against the client.
- Clients will be notified of the results. Supporting documentation will be provided if they don’t violate the SSI confidentiality policy.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the results, they may contact the accreditation bode (International Accreditation Service).