Use of the SSI Mark (for !SO 9001) the Quality Management System to ISO 9001. Seismic Source International also certifies equipment. There are two separate marks: one for ISO 9001 and one for certifying seismic equipment.
- There shall be no ambiguity in them akr or accompanying text, as to what has been certified and which certification body has granted with the certification. The ISO 9001 mark shall not be used on a product nor product packaging nor in any other way that may interpreted as denoting product conformity.
- Seismic Source International does not permit its marks to be applied by certified clients to laboratory test calibration or inspection reports or certificates.
- ISO 9001 certification statements on product packaging or in companying information that the certified client has a certified management system is allowed. Product packaging is considered as that which can be removed without the product disintegrating or being damaged. Accompanying information is considered as separately available or easy detachable. Type labels or identification plates are considered as part of the product. The statement shall in no way imply that the product process or service is certified by this means. That statements shall include identification (e.g. brand or name) of the certified client, the quality management system to ISO 9001, and Seismic Source International mark (acting as certification body issuing the certificate).
- The SSI terms and conditions within the proposal defines a legally enforceable arrangement that will be part of certification and surveillance audits and requires that the certified client:
- Conforms to the requirement of the certification body when making reference to its certification status in communication media such as the internet, brochures or advertising, or other documents.
- Does not make or permit any misleading statement regarding it certification;
- Does not us or permit the use of a certification document or any part thereof in a misleading manner;
- Upon withdrawal of its certification, discontinues its use of all advertising matter tat contains a reference to certification, as directed by the certification body (see 9.6.5):
- Amends all advertising matter when the scope of the certification has body been reduced;
- Does not allow reference to its management system certification to be used in such as a way as to imply that the certification body certifies a product (including service) or process outside the use of a different SSI Mark for seismic equipment:
- Does not imply that the certification applies to activities and sites that are outside the scope of certification;
- Does not use its certification in such a manner that would rig the certification body and/or certification system into disrepute and lose public trust.
Seismic Source International shall exercise proper control of ownership and shall take action to deal with incorrect references to certification status or misleading use of certification documents, withdrawal of certification, publication of the transgression and, if necessary, legal action.