QMS Certification Decision
- SSI reviews the documented information supporting the certification decision for technical content, reports, procedural conformance, and audit team’s recommendation.
- Approval of the Certification is based on SSI certification process conformance and compliance to applicable standard(s) requirements.
QMS Certification Date and Renewal
- When the Certification Decision is approved the certificate is Issued, a three-year cycle begins with certification decision date. Annual surveillances are required before the anniversary of the certification decision date.
QMS Certification Reduction of Scope
- SSI may reduce the client’s scope of certification.
QMS Certification Expansion of Scope
- Scopes of certification for existing certifications can be expanded.
QMS Certification Suspension
- A certification may be suspended any time if the client’s management system cannot be verified or not being effectively maintained. Certification may be suspended in cases when a client fails to meet its obligations defined in the contract.
- Under suspension, the client’s management system certification is temporarily invalid.
- Certification can be restored in accordance with ISO 17021-1. Certifications may only be restored within six months of certificate expiration or suspension. A renewal audit must be performed before prior to certificate expiration.
QMS Certification Withdrawal
- A management system certification may be withdrawn when a client’s management system demonstrates significant nonconformance(s) with SSI certification process and/or to address and correct nonconformance(s).
- The client may voluntarily withdrawal the QMS certification.
- The client may appeal the withdrawal notification as defined in the SSI appeals process.
QMS Certification Refusal
- SSI reserves the right to refuse certification. All refusals will be documented.
QMS Certification Complaints and Appeals